Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Visitors


I just had a visit from Beth, Scott, Lindsay, and Derek from Chattanooga. We had a chance to tour all over the state, hitting up Homer, Soldotna, Fairbanks, Anchorage, and Denali National Park. I think everyone had a great time and though I'm fearful of stealing any of Scott's thunder, I did include a good picture of a puffin he took while he was here, as well as a picture of the first bear I had seen that we saw on the highway up to Fairbanks. In other news, I have two roommates now that work at the Center for the summer, so my apartment is a little more lively now. My folks will be visiting later this month and for the first time, I'm seeing a green side of Alaska. Most of the swow, except the mountaintops, is gone, and there are budding trees and green grass. And I now am working in the avian department some at the SeaLife Center, just once a week for a few hours, working on a research/breeding project with some northern seaducks called Eiders. It's been a lot of fun and I'm getting to learn a lot about them, which is neat...I used to get to learn a lot about disability insurance. I finished Crime and Punishment as well (Dostoevsky) and recommend it highly. I especially appreciated a very redemptive ending and a strong theme of the Christian idea of salvation through suffering, especially considering the author. That's all I've got for now...until next time.

13 comments:

daniel said...

dude, those are some great pics.

and that's pretty funny about crime and punishment. i finished it a month or so ago, and yeah, it was great.

Jonathan said...

No kidding! It's like we could have had our own book club. Or not. At the urging of several friends, I'm now reading Harry Potter. Scott takes some pretty good pictures, which is why I posted his and not mine. That bear was halfway up to Fairbanks, but several people here in Seward have seen bears in the last few weeks.

Scott and Beth said...

Yay...I visited you! That makes me the best friend ever!

Jonathan said...

Yeah but Daniel beat you to it. Technically...I'm gonna stop this argument now. Tee hee.

daniel said...

BOOYAH!

Scott and Beth said...

Dwight: [angry] Alright, who did this?!?! I'm not mad, I just want to know who did it so I can punish them.

Jim: What are you talking about?

Dwight: Someone forged medical information, and that is a felony!

Jim: Ok, well alright because that's a pretty intense accusation. How do you know that they're fake?

Dwight: [reads document]Leprosy...flesh-eating bacteria...hotdog fingers...government created killer nano-robot infection...

Dwight: Count choculitis...

Jim: Sounds tough.

Dwight: Why did you write that down Jim? Is it because you know I love Count Chocula?

Scott and Beth said...

You are like the worst blogger ever.

Jonathan said...

I know, I'll make a new post soon. Been busy. You know how it is.

Scott and Beth said...

I make time for my readers.

Scott and Beth said...

I'm mad at you!

daniel said...

this just in: jonathan's blog is dead.

Scott and Beth said...

TOD June 6, 2007 5:25 PM. Just as well, Tales from the North is about out of date. Now he'll have to start "Tales from South Western Ohio"

Scott and Beth said...

This post is over a month old!