Thursday, January 18, 2007

Falling In Line


Like the successful storming of the Bastille to begin the French Revolution, so my once-strong resistance to blogging has come crashing down in defeat at the hands of my friends and their peer pressure. However, being that much of my resistance was more an amusing defiance than a sincere disdain for becoming a blogger, I'm excited that I now have a blog and can keep everyone informed about what is going on here in the Last Frontier. I am, by the grace of the Lord, writing (blogging I guess you crazy kids call it) from my apartment in Seward, Alaska, having recently been freed from the bondage of the formerly-named UnumProvident. However, thankful as I am to be here, I do miss everyone a lot and hope you can visit to see Alaska some time. Until then, we're in the mercy of blogger.com to stay in touch. Thanks for welcoming me to the elite world of blogging.

4 comments:

Scott and Beth said...

Hooray! I thought you'd never give in! You're a blogger!

Scott and Beth said...

"frozenjon" NICE!

stoogle said...

I don't get it. You have a fro? You're studying zen? Or, your priest is Father Ozen Jon? Or is it some sort of anagram?

Is that picture of downtown Seward?

Anyway. Glad to see you have a blog. Live long and pontificate.

daniel said...

dude, you have internet at your apartment? i thought alaska was still in the ice ages!

oh crap--THAT IS HILARIOUS!!!

do you get it? alaska? ice ages? there's a lot of ice in alaska, so it's FUNNY!!!

p.s. get stratego and let's play

p.p.s. meant to comment on another one, but here goes: getting a haircut by a drunk could be fun as long as you don't get crazy cut up by him/her. also, is that pic of you at unum? looks uber sterile.