Saturday, January 20, 2007

Life in Seward

An update on the happenings here in Seward...due to my more-than-wanted downtime, I've decided to be productive by reading and studying a lot. I'm reading a book called "The Imitation of Christ" by Thomas a Kempis, a recent groomsmen gift I received. It's a great devotional book full of wisdom that I've gotten a lot out of. I'm also getting close to the end of "A Tale of Two Cities" by Charles Dickens, which has turned out to be one of the best books I've ever read. Other than my reading, the "big" Polar Bear Jump (to benefit cancer research) is at noon-thirty tomorrow at Resurrection Bay here in Seward. This event is apparently as big as Riverbend is in Chattanooga...the whole town is abuzz and there are tons of festivities all weekend long, including a seafood picknic I plan to indulge in Saturday afternoon. It has snowed a few inches, though, so my rented Chevy Cobalt might be stuck for a few days. I can't wait to get my truck, which is currently in Seattle awaiting a spot on the ferry. Thanks for the comments to my last post. And to Stephen...yes, I do have a fro, and I'll tell you why; it seems the only barber here in town is often drunk, so I've been advised to wait until my next trip to Anchorage (when I pick up my truck) to get a haircut. And one last note...I'm also using my time to learn a new language - German. So, wiedersehen, gut aussehend.

3 comments:

Scott and Beth said...

I have a book on "Learning Klingon" once you get done w/German. I'm horriable at English so I have a hard time learning new languages so I gave up. I'm sure you could pick up on it though.

Also Beth says that The link to Seward's weather is not "hella-cool"

Also we are currently at Panera Bread and there's a guy accross the way that is spinning his pencil on his fingers like you do. Must be a Hixson thing...

Unknown said...

You read books?

(It took me thirty minutes to find the OK button on this page in Chinese and this is all I have to show for it.)

Unknown said...

Oh crap. My name's not Allan. This is embarrassing. I can't figure out how to change that for now, so just refer to me as DT Vicious in the meantime. Stay cool.