Sunday, February 11, 2007

Doin' It Right



For all the naysayers, here's a new and improved picture of a moose. If that's not sufficient for you, you'll just have to come up here and see them yourselves. Being moose, they're not exactly eager to pose for pictures or let you get too close, so this is about as good as it gets from my camera. I thought it would be fun to go up to Anchorage for the day on Saturday. Partly fun and also partly to take my truck back to the place that put on the new tires and get them to fix the squeak/grind noise I've been hearing. Luckily, that business aspect of my trip was successful, because my goal of having fun was not. Even while going under the speed limit and being passed by other cars, I still lost control of my truck going about 60 as I was coming into the city on a busy divided highway and fishtailed around, finally, by the grace of God, coming to a stop without hitting anything or anyone. I stopped facing the opposite way of trafic. The day just went more downhill from there. The ride home was a nightmare because my headlights weren't working properly. Suffice to say, I'm content to stay in Seward a while and don't really care to visit Anchorage again any time soon. I did see an ECHL hockey game, though, between the Alaska Aces and the Phoenix Roadrunners. Minor league hockey, I learned, is actually pretty fun. Until later...

8 comments:

Scott and Beth said...

It still looks like a cow...

daniel said...

what happened to your face? i mean, i know you took that picture, and you're not too handy with a camera, but looks like you threw down with a moose.

Scott and Beth said...

Scott: Seriously Jonathan we didn't fall for the "it's a moose" when it was really a cow, so what makes you think we'll fall for a dog standing beside a creek as a "moose"?

Have you gotten AK plates yet? If not I bet people were shakin' their heads to see a TN plate spinnin' around in the middle of the highway...

Jonathan said...

I didn't throw down with a moose...that's just how I look these days. Alaska really takes its toll on your skin. And hair. And nose. I still have my TN plates (expired by the way), and I even saw a lady shake her head at me when I finally stopped, because we were facing each other.

stoogle said...

Everybody knows there aren't enough people in Alaska for a hockey team. Those are moose with jerseys.

daniel said...

beck--you mean cows...or are they...dogs...

Scott and Beth said...

Yay...Daniel is on our side! I like this guy!

Scott and Beth said...

I think it's time for an update...hehe...