Monday, February 5, 2007

Truck Spotted in Anchorage


I've often noticed a phenomenon where I (as a great guy of course) ask a girl out, but instead of snugglin' up with me, she chooses instead to stay with her dead beat boyfriend who doesn't appreciate her and makes her unhappy. A similar thing is happening in the hockey world, where Kansas City is eager and excited to have the Penguins move there and is giving them a brand new arena and a great revenue plan. But I hypothesize that dragging-its-feet Pittsburgh will do the bare minimum at the last possible moment and the Penguins will stay there. Anyway, I digress. In other news, my truck finally arrived in Anchorage and I took a mini-vacation up there last week to pick it up. Aside from the bed liner having been stolen from it, it was in great shape. Anchorage is a neat place and I'd like to be able to spend more time there soon. This was mostly a business trip where I did things I can't do in Seward, like eating lunch at Burger King and getting supplies at Wal Mart. But I was able to stay the night and it was a good time. I also have my first confirmed visitors, as Beth, Lindsay, Scott, and Derek will be arriving in early May to see me (and Alaska, if there's time). Now if only May would hurry up...I'm starting to feel like Tom Hanks in *Castaway*. And lastly, I finished *A Tale of Two Cities* last week and it was a great one. I recommend it to anyone. I'm now on to a book by Hemmingway and quite unimpressed so far, as I generally am with him. This is his last chance with me. Until next time...

4 comments:

Scott and Beth said...

Yay...we are coming in 85 days! We're the best friends ever!

Scott and Beth said...

I didn't like "Cast Away"...it was too sad for me! It was sad that he was stuck on that island for 4 years. It was sad that he lost Wilson...how does one cry over losing a volley ball? That was heartbreaking! And lastly...it was sad that Kelly (Helen Hunt) had married while he was gone! What a terrible story for everyone! Thanks for bringing that up, Jonathan!

Jonathan said...

Maybe I should get a volleyball to talk to...

Scott and Beth said...

No...you would be too sad if it got away from you while in the middle of the ocean.