Wednesday, September 3, 2008

She Nailed It.

I've attempted the last couple of days to express my displeasure with unethical actions by the media, and quite right...there can not possibly be enough criticism for their one-sided atrocious attacks on Sarah Palin's family. I have by no means, however, intended to express any leaning toward one side of our dual party system or the other, although I admit it's probably hard to separate me from the cause of McCain and Palin just as it's difficult to tell the difference between the national media and Barack Obama's campaign. So since I'm exposed, I'll report that my former governor (of a way-too-short 8 months) did indeed knock it out of the park tonight with her speech. I couldn't have asked for a better combination of attacks, humour, charm, family and qualifications. I'm thrilled for her and since I firmly believe in the fundamental ideologies of conservatism (by the way, don't necessarily confuse that with republicanism - for anyone curious about the difference, I'll be happy to elaborate), I will continue to firmly support her and McCain. And if that team is unsuccessful in November, I'll go down swinging with pride, because I believe despite the outcome, the right decisions have been made in the selection of these two, especially Palin. She was great when I lived in Alaska and I think she'll be great in the White House. I'll end by quoting one of my favourite lines from the night: "Al Qaeda terrorists want to inflict pain on the United States and [Obama] is concerned about reading them their rights." I'll be back soon with more brilliant commentary and insightful analysis and I welcome any comments or points of debate. Let's get a productive intellectual discussion going.

5 comments:

Scott and Beth said...

Ha...LOVED that quote! Bravo!

Jonathan said...

Yeah, that was a great one. There were a number of good ones!!

Scott and Beth said...

I got to watch her whole speech last night...I was amazed!

On a side note...did you see the part where her little daughter was trying to fix the baby's hair and licked her hand to smooth it down? It cracked me up! Kids are great!

Jonathan said...

The husband waving the baby's arm when he was introduced was also good.

Scott and Beth said...

Haha...yea.