Friday, September 5, 2008

Snap!

It's late but I just heard a new Palin quote I had to share: "Just last night, Senator Obama finally broke and brought himself to admit what all the rest of us have known for quite some time, and that's thanks to the skill and valor of our troops, the surge in Iraq has succeeded. Senator Obama said, 'the surge succeeded beyond our wildest dreams.' 'I think,' said Senator Obama, 'that the surge succeeded in ways nobody anticipated.' I guess when you turn out to be profoundly wrong on a vital national security issue, maybe it's comforting to pretend that everyone else was wrong too." Wow. My friends, I don't mind admitting that my Alaskan bias is in full effect as long as you don't mind admitting that Sarah Palin is the real deal, not afraid of the arrogant Obama and ready to make it clear how wrong he is. I love it that Obama thought he was the young change the nation needed (arrogance in full effect) and here comes the obscure, unknown Palin annihilating his fortress of confidence and undeserved assuredness. Leno had a great joke tonight that isn't too terribly far from the truth: "A lot of Republicans aren't too [excited] about McCain's speech last night, in fact, Sarah Palin is thinking of dropping him from the ticket." Ya know, even if we (conservative thinkers) lose this election, it's nice to know we'll go down with pride. I have no problem losing with my support going to McCain and especially Palin. And be assured...even if they lose this one, the liberals and the corrupt are afraid of her. Why else would the media be assaulting her? If she's no threat, she'd be a wast of their time to focus on. And yet she's been assaulted like no one I've ever seen. She's a force and they know it and they'll have to contend with her again no matter what. Rock on. In fairness, we do have to see how this "abuse of power" accusation goes. I'm humble enough to jump off the ship if she turns out to be frauding us all. For now, however, I don't expect that and I think we've got a great future with her. And even if this probe turns out bad for her, I dare say she still seems more realistic than most other DC personalities.

2 comments:

tacy said...

i have to say i'm a fan of a politics of legitimate hope and realistic change...

Jonathan said...

Yeah, me too. Some of Obama's stuff sounds great. But then he comes out with things like energy independence in 10 years. That's right up there with Gore's assertion of inventing internet. At least Obama is a lot more likable than Gore. How is Mollie, by the way??????????