Tuesday, September 2, 2008

I return with fury

For any faithful readers who have wondered where I've been for the last year on my blog posts, the answer is no good pictures of Ohio and too much school work. I felt, however, that I must vent today out of an anger that I haven't felt for some time and this seemed the best way to do it. In a way, it pains me to contribute to the ridiculous discussions about Sarah Palin and her family. It is my usual policy to fight this kind of nonsense with silence and refusal to participate. It seems this time, my threshold has been crossed and I'll be fighting and arguing with anyone I have to in order to defeat something I consider to be a great evil. For 2 or 3 days now, I've listened to a repulsive rhetoric of double standards and maliciousness from the national news media against not only Palin herself, but her family as well, and I'll list just a few of these double standards. The strategy being carried out is one that has been embraced by terrorists and dictatorships throughout the ages...one of the best ways to destroy a person's resolve and threaten them is to attack not only that person, but their family as well. Viewers of movies like Braveheart and Gladiator watch in disgust as evil men slaughter innocent women and children and destroy families just to get under the skin of their real enemy. These same viewers, however, seem to relish the opportunity to watch the non-fictional demise of Palin and her family (double standard number 1). I also find it curious that the very liberal feminists who become outraged when told they can't do the same things as a man are criticizing Palin for taking this responsibility when she has children and a pregnant daughter..."stay home and be a mom" they now say in a stunning departure from their normal rant (double standard number 2). Liberals themselves are always the ones saying abstinence doesn't work and we should give out condoms and sex ed in the schools, that sex among teens is normal, but they're ready to crucify Palin and her family for a pregnant teen (double standard number 3). Also curious is the lack of news of Obama's failures. While he himself writes in his book that at 17 he "attended class sparingly, drank abundantly, and tried drugs enthusiastically," there is no mention of these events in the news. For Obama, these things are good because they make him one of us, they were obstacles he got over, he's stronger for them. But for Bristol Palin, they're ready to burn her at the stake (double standard number 4). Al Gore's son was busted for DUI just before the 2000 election. I remember slightly catching mention of that story then never hearing of it again unless it was in the form of sympathy for Gore's son facing a tough time (double standard number 5). I could go on with double standards but I think I've made my point. I'm not one for conspiracy theories but I can confidently say our liberal friends in the media want Obama to win so badly that nothing, not even the destruction of children, will get in their way. For my friends who read, I hope you'll be aware of this maliciousness and do your part to get the message out that this is intolerable.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You speak with the rage of an Alaskan black bear, defending its Governor to the last. Nice post.

Scott and Beth said...

Yay! You can read my mind! There is nothing for me to say because you have covered the high points. Hooray for Palin!